Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Note Paper




Note Paper Holder



The other night I had a bunch of scrap paper sitting on my desk and decided to "play".

I had seen a pattern online for a note pad holder - and I can't for the life of me find either the link or the paper but as soon as I do I'll update this with the wonderfully creative person's website.

I fiddled and folded white cardstock till I liked the result - before I glued it I stamped with SU! Pretty in Pink and the Simple Delights stamp set (is that retired?). I used SU! Pretty in Pink classic ink and scrap hot pink c/s. The ribbon is grosgrain from Hobby Lobby - I'm lovin the thicker ribbon! The text paper you see is scraps from My Time Made Easy Digital text paper. The Friends quote is from SU! Friends 24-7 (another one of my all time FAV stamp sets).

so I've gotten some feedback that y'all like when I post lessons learned in making my project - so here goes

Problem #1: again I should have made my c/s double sided. When I had completed the project it looked pretty on the outside with the pink flourish thingies - but the inside was BORING white

Solution: I took scraps of the text paper from my butterfly project below and used it to line the top part of the inside of the notepad holder. I had another part BORING so I used scraps of the black and white polka dot paper scraps (more MTME digital)



Here are the actual notes. I took some unlined 3 x 5 note cards, stamped them with the floursh thingie. One of my dear friends has been so sick lately and I made these while on the phone with her. I brought the set to her as a quick get well present.

Problem #2 - I don't do a great job of cutting mulitple sheets of paper EXACTLY the same size


Solution #2 - I took my cutter and put painters tape on the spot for the exact length and lined up each piece of paper with the tape - works like a charm

Long term Solution - I ordered the Tonic Guittine cutter from Overstock.com. I have since received the cutter and I LOVE IT!!!! I"ve got a big project coming up and its going to make cutting the paper sooooo easy....Finally - straight lines every time!!

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate y'all - and just as I hoped - posting here and participating in Craft It Wednesday is encouraging me to be more creative and have more fun!!

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Cute note paper. Thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cute, i like how you explained your process. Thank you for the kind comments about my flower tutorial, that was very sweet of you. Happy super bowl sunday!

    ReplyDelete